Istikhara In Islam

    The word meaning of istikhara is to ask for the mercy and blessing of ALLAH. istikhara is done to ask for the opinion of ALLAH in the matters where person is confused. Most of the time, when we have to take decisions regarding important matters of life, we feel deserted at some point of time because at that point we find ourselves in a fix as what to do and what not.


    When such a point comes, one can easily make a wrong decision, so the holy Prophet s.a.w.w has told us a solution for this matter. When we are in a fix we should ask ALLAH swt to guide us in the matter.

    According to Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 21, Number 263:
    Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah :The Prophet (Sallal Laho Alaihi Wasallam) used to teach us the way of doing Istikhara, in all matters as he taught us the Suras of the Quran. He said, "If anyone of you thinks of doing any job he should offer a two Rakat prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer):

    Translation: "O Allah! I seek goodness from Your Knowledge and with Your Power (and Might) I seek strength, and I ask from You Your Great Blessings, because You have the Power and I do not have the power. You Know everything and I do not know, and You have knowledge of the unseen. Oh Allah! If in Your Knowledge this action ------------------------------------------------ (which I intend to do) is better for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then make it destined for me and make it easy for me and then add blessings [baraka'] in it, for me. O Allah! In Your Knowledge if this action is bad for me, bad for my religion and faith, for my life and end [death], for here [in this world] and the hereafter then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and whatever is better for me, ordain [destine] that for me and then make me satisfied with it."

    People associate too many things to the astikhara dua. They say that they will see dreams. If they see green color it will be okei. If it is red color, it is rejected. Many people believing on this, when pray for istekhara they do not see such dreams. They might not see dream even for 10 nights. They think they cannot do istikhara themselves.

    For those who go to other to do istikhara on their behalf must know that there is no such thing in islam. One who wants to ask for ALLAH’s help should ask this himself. When we want to seek advice on some matter, do we ask others to seek the advice on our behalf? Certainly no. we will never rely on others in the matters personal to us. Why do we go to others for istekhara then?

    There are some people who do istekhara in one minute and tell people what to do and what not, i.e. instant istekhara. Where in hadith we were told to do instant istekhara? These are all lies. The people who do such absurdities in the name of istekhara actually are numerologists and magicians who do not ask from ALLAH but form their evil friends.

    When we ask ALLAH for help, HE either makes circumstances good for us or makes things easy or he makes the ways so hard that there is left no other option but to forget what we wanted to do. If some people see dreams etc. then this could be a way of guidance but it is not hard and fast to see dreams.
    When we ask ALLAH, the first thing we should notice that our heart will come at peace. This peaceful feeling remains till we take the final decision. Hence if you do see dream after you do istekhara, do no panic.

Post Title

Istikhara In Islam


Post URL

http://aticomorcilla.blogspot.com/2011/08/istikhara-in-islam.html


Visit Aticomorcilla for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive